Saturday, January 24, 2009

Conspiracy theory?

Marcos Baghdatis told the reporters it's a "pain in the arse" Australian Open organisers keep making him play midnight matches.

"Night session? No, not again..."

The former finalist at this event had to start his Friday's match against Mardy Fish at 11.30pm. Baghdatis won this encounter 6/2 6/4 6/4 and finished it at 1.14 after midnight, but one has to wonder, what if he was taken all the way. How would he have to stay awake?

This brings back memories of last year as the Cypriot lost an epic five-setter against Lleyton Hewitt that finished at 4.34 in the morning. The funny thing is that as well last year as this year they played for the right to meet Novak Djokovic in the next round.

"I can not say it's not a problem. It's a bit of a pain in the arse for me because the last two years I'm here I'm finishing matches after midnight and after one o'clock, we can say. So it's a bit of the pain in the arse, but I have nothing to do about it. It's just the way it is. I've got to accept it and find a way to get through it and that's where the challenge starts." he commented on that.

"I'm not complaining or stuff. I'm just saying it's tough for the players. It happens that it's me second time in a row."

Well, I really wonder who Baggy will have to meet next year after midnight to play Nole...

~jachal

No comments: