Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Davydenko out of Australian Open

World No.5 Nikolay Davydenko has offiacialy pulled out of the Australian Open. The Russian cited pain in his left heel as the reason for his absence at this year's first Grand Slam.


"It's obviously serious since I'll even miss the Australian Open," he said

"I'm having acute pain in my left heel that flared up last week.
I've had painkillers even today, and the doctors here in Chennai have tried some therapy for a few days, but I now need to fix this before playing any more tournaments."

"I need to check my heel and that's why I'm going home, to see what's happening and what's wrong.

"The problem started last year, but I thought I could still continue playing. It was (painful) even when I played the Shanghai Masters in November."

The Russian had mediocre 2008 mid-season, but finished with flurish reaching the Masters Cup final in Shanghai.

~jachal

No comments: