Monday, March 3, 2008

Cinderella story for Mark?

The two-time Grand Slam finalist Mark Philippoussis is planning a comeback. Aware of the fact, that his tennis career might soon be over, the Scud is giving himself one more shot in order to end up his career on a high.
"I just want to play one more great match or have a great tournament," he said.

"The thing is to win one more Davis Cup. That would be the Cinderella story."

Philippoussis has moved back to Melbourne to aid his rehabilitation from a fifth major injury -- this time torn cartilage in his right knee - suffered in the lead-up to the Australian Open. The crutches will be off in three weeks.

"Not being able to do much, you do a lot of thinking and I know deep in my heart I want to give it one more go. I just need to get strong for myself so I can surf and do things without pain and then slowly build up to get back on the court." said the Aussie.

Let's hope Mark has more luck with his tennis, than with his reality show "Age of love"...

~jachal

No comments: