Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Haas with swine flu

Tommy Haas admitted he has contracted swine flu, which has forced him to withdraw from this week's Davidoff Indoors in Basel. The German is hoping to be back in action next week at the tournament in Paris.




The world No 17 dropped out of the Stockholm Open last week after he felt he was suffering from flu. However, the German had tests and it was confirmed that he had contracted the H1N1 virus.

"I did a test because I suspected I had swine flu and the test was positive," he said. "It was obviously a shock for me. I was really bad for three days and I couldn't leave my hotel room. I felt really bad." - Haas explains.

"I am quite relaxed because I know that swine flu is a particularly strong form of flu but when you are in a good physical condition like I am, then you can quickly beat it."

~jachal

No comments: