Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Srichaphan comeback cut short

Paradorn Srichaphan lost his first competitive match in over two years in Thailand Open. He teamed up with countryman Danai Udomchoke in a 2-6, 6-1, 10-8 defeat against Michael Kohlmann and Alexander Peya.


"I hit the ball okay. Of course there is still a lot of work to go. I hope to play from January, maybe in Chennai, India." said Srichaphan.
"I would have loved to have come back in singles... but I knew physically I was not ready. I have only been able to train with the racquet for the past two weeks." he added.

The 30-year-old Srichaphan had been sidelined with a recurring right wrist injury since March 2007, when he retired against Luis Horna in the Sony Ericsson Open first round. He underwent surgery in Los Angeles in October later that year.

~shaw

No comments: