Sunday, September 27, 2009

Roitman announces retirement

While the whole tennis world is still talking about Argentina's biggest tennis sensation in many years - Juan Martin Del Potro, another Argentine tennis player, Sergio Roitman is about to finish his career. He will play his final match at a challenger in Buenos Aires.


“It is a strange moment for me, but the time has come for me to leave professional tennis. Physically, I cannot compete at the highest level anymore. I think this is the best place to retire, at a tournament that has given me a lot of pleasure and surrounded by people that have helped me and whom I love very much. I extend my warmest thanks to Ale (Lombardo), because he has always been by my side and with him I have achieved the best victories of my sporting career.” - said Roitman.

Rotman never won a singles title on The ATP World Tour, but managed to get two in the doubles competition. He reached a career high of No.62 in singles and 45 in doubles.

~jachal

No comments: