Thursday, September 3, 2009

Ivanovic is taking a break from tennis

Ana Ivanovic, former world number 1, decided to take a break from tennis. After another bitter loss in the 1st round of US Open 2009 against Kateryna Bondarenko, Ana said it's time to have some rest outside tennis tour.


"This has to do with my lack of self confidence. I just kept choosing wrong shots and did not have enough confidence in myself ...For years I did not have a real vacation so now I want to 'switch off' from tennis for a while... I believe that will help me to get back on track."

"I would love to return to the tennis top and I'm clearly motivated to leave this crisis behind, but its just not working."

We will be looking forward to your strong comeback Ana!
~shaw

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope to see u soon back on courts...but if I see u out of the courts i´ll be happy too ;)