Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Federer happy in marriage

As we informed you last week Roger Federer gor married with his long time girlfriend Mirka Vavrinec. Now, during the press conference in Monte Carlo he shared his views about this nice moment.


It's been some years talking about it with Mirka, but it was not easy to find the time. We decided to get married only some weeks ago. We didn't want a huge wedding. There were no other tennis players there, just family and some very close friends. We managed to keep it a secret.

It's a very special moment... A few tears here and there. It was nice... I got very emotional, you know, yet again. So it was very nice. It was just nice to know that she loves me so much, I love her so much.

It's also nice to be able to present Mirka as my wife and not only as my girlfriend. That's just a big change for me, it takes maybe a bit of getting used to.'This is my wife' just sounds so much better.

I feel like I have been on a honeymoon for the last years, so I don't feel necessarily I need to go somewhere, to a special place, to celebrate with her.

So now Roger there are two persons who can make you share a tear. It is your lovely wife Mirka and... Rafael Nadal.

~shaw

No comments: