Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sharapova out of Australian Open

Maria Sharapova suffered another blow as she had to withdraw from the Australian Open. The defending champion still hasn't recovered from a right shoulder inury.


"I am very sorry to announce that I am not going to be able to defend my title at this year's Australian Open," Sharapova explained in a statement on her Web site. "My shoulder is doing great, but I just started training a few weeks ago and I am just not near the level I need to be to compete at the highest levels."

"The Australian Open is one of my favorite tournaments, they have the best fans in the world and I am going to miss everything about the tournament. I promise I will see everyone next year." she added.

Let's really hope Maria finally fully recovers, 'coz the Tour is starting to desperatly need her! Get well Masha!

~jachal

No comments: