Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Safin thinking about retirement

Former World No.1 Marat Safin stated he is not sure if he will continue his tennis career after losing his 1st round match at the Paris Masters Series to Juan Monaco 0/6 6/7(4).

"I need to enjoy my life without tennis, I will see if I continue," Safin said.

"I need to think it through. I will see, it was too intense these last three years. We will see. I have no pressure, nothing to show, nothing to prove."

The Russian superstar hasn't won a title since his famous win at the Australian Open 2005. Plagued by a variety of injuries and lack of form Safin managed to reach semifinals at this year's Wimbledon, his best result there to date.

"If I feel like I want to continue to play I will - if not it will be over."

~jachal


No comments: