Tuesday, November 11, 2008

No towel for Tsonga

Current world No.7 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga was furious during his first match at the Masters Cup in Shanghai. The Australian Open finalist gesticulated and ranted at the Qi Zhong Stadium staff when they were slow to give him towels and balls during his loss to Russian Nikolay Davydenko.

"You say one time, two times, three times, and then you ask the other guy. The other guy looks around, so you have to say one time, two times, three times, and the towel comes," he said.

"Sometimes in this match I lost energy with that. Sometimes I had to fetch my towel myself. So for me it's maybe 10m more. But if you count at the end of the match, it's like 1km."

Yes, tennis players have their own way of dealing with tough losses. Blaiming others for their own inability is one of their methods to say it wasn't their fault they lost...

~jachal

No comments: