Thursday, November 20, 2008

Borrowed Masters Cup

World No.27 Radek Stepanek wasn't on anybody's list to reach the Masters Cup, but after Andy Roddick has withdrawn it was the Czech who got into the event as an alternate.

He had to shorten his holiday in Thailand to arrive in Shanghai on time. Lately Stepanek revealed he came to the event not as preapered as he would like to.

"I had racquets from Novak Djokovic and socks from Andy (Murray). He uses the same ones I do."

The Czech also had to buy new contact lenses ahead of his group clash with five-time champion Roger Federer. Although Radek lost the match, he could have been proud of himself, as he managed to break the defending champion in every set.

"I think I dealt with it pretty well. You know, I had my chances, but I didn't take them."

"For me it was always a dream to play in the Masters Cup because you're in the elite eight best players in the world," he said. "It's an honour for me to be here."

~jachal

No comments: