Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Vee taking a timeout

Former World No.1 Venus Williams is taking a time-off of the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour. The American decided to take a break due to personal reasons.

“I’ve just been having some issues that I need to resolve, so I’m working on that at the moment and I’m hoping to be back playing as soon as possible,” Williams explained at a press conference Tuesday at the Bausch & Lomb Championships. “I’m not going to get any further into it, but of course I love the sport.”

This means, that the Anerican Fed Cup Team will one of their strongest player in the tie against Cup-defender Russia.

The six-time Grand Slam champion is planning to return to the Tour at the French Open. She hasn't decided yet, if she is to play some preperation tournaments before Roland Garros.

“Of course I want to be there (in France),” Williams said. “I don’t want to be at home watching on TV. Watching this week will be enough on TV, so hopefully not too many more weeks.”

~jachal

No comments: